Most of the cards we receive to be reviewed are base cards. Typically we are stricter on standard, base cards because they are worth less than parallels/autos/SP’s, etc. There are many situations that receiving a 9 on a base card, albeit a decent grade, will be worth less than the grading fee.
- 1989 Fleer Griffey SGC 9 or 2020 Chronicles Joe Burrow SGC 9
- Value $20-40 and may not always justify the grading fee.
It is very common that certain cards are still worth sending that may not grade a Gem Mint 10. If the card has enough value worthy of a lower grade, we likely will pass it.
- Nearly any Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady RC SGC 7/8/9.
- Even in a lower grade, the value would more than justify the grading fee.
If a card is a SSP or low serial #’d and we deem it’s not a 9.5 or 10, we may still send it off to be graded.
- 2020 Panini Downtown Justin Herbert SGC 8 or 9 or a serial #’d Mac Jones RC.
- These would still justify the grading fee even at a lower grade.
If the card is of a top player (Brady, Mahomes, Trout, etc) or character (i.e. Charizard), we may be less likely to kick it due to the premium the player brings.
- 1999 Pokemon Charizard Holo SGC 5 or 6 or a low grade Mantle.
- These lower graded cards are still worth slabbing, especially vintage to authenticate the card.
- PC cards or cards you’re not looking to resell that you want slabbed regardless of the grade.
- Higher end/lower grade vintage superstars (i.e Mantles). Most of these are worth sending in as is without needing the extra review.
- Higher end modern RC’s. Please see bullet points 2 & 4. Unless it’s noticeably beat up/dinged, we will typically pass modern higher end cards (i.e. Herbert RC auto).
- You’ve looked over them and already reviewed them yourself and know which ones to send in. (Unless you are unsure and would like a 2nd opinion).